Shallow Boat Dives
- About 3 hours
Plettenberg Bay has a variety of spectacular shallow reefs only a 5-minute boat ride from the beach. These shallow sites showcase the colour and beauty of Plett diving and the beauty of the Eastern Cape reefs. The Sea fans are draped in Basket Stars and groups of Shysharks rest in the rocky crevices. Large Red Roman, Zebras and Blacktail share space with numerous species of nudibranchs, orange wall sponge and purple soft coral making for a fireworks display of colour! Our most popular dive site is Jacob’s reef characterised by a large pinnacle and spectacular wall dive covered in soft corals.
The choice of shallow dive site will be decided on the day based on the weather and sea conditions.
- You will be met on arrival by our experienced dive guide who will sign you in and assist with fitting your scuba & snorkel gear (changing rooms and lockers are available on site)
- Once every-one has geared up, the group will take a short stroll on the beach to the boat where you be given a briefing by the skipper and dive guide on boat procedures and the dive site, before embarking on a short boat ride to one of the shallow dive sites
- You will then get to jump into the water with your guide for an exhilarating 45 minute dive
- On arrival back at Pro Dive our facilities include changing rooms and shower facilities where can freshen up after completing your dive
Good to know
- Open Water Diver / Discover Scuba Diving course compulsory
- All trips are weather dependent and conditions will be checked on the morning of your activity, one our prior to arrival time. Please note that if the weather conditions are not suitable for diving the Charter can be cancelled on the morning of the dive.
- Guided by a PADI Divemaster
- Soft gear hire only (wetsuit, mask/snorkel & fins): R200
- Scuba gear hire only (BCD & regulator): R200
- Tanks & weights: R150
- Full gear hire: R490
- Gear hire rates are quoted per day & not per dive
- Diving gear (if you have your own)
- It is essential to bring along your Dive certification card / logbook to verify your qualification
- If you are not carrying these items & are a PADI certified diver, to avoid disappointment please contact us ahead of time so that we can verify your certification on the PADI Website
- Swimming costume
I was a first time diver and took my training at the Pro Dive Center in Plettenberg Bay. I had an amazing instructor Cassandra. She was so patient with me and even helped me overcome my water anxiety from previous water related trama. All the staff was very understanding and let me progress at my own pace and always made me feel comfortable and like I had real support to get me through the process. I was able to complete my dive certification and do 4 short dives, 3 shore dives and one boat dive with the sea lions. It truly was an amazing experience and I cant thank Cassandra enough for all her hard work and efforts to make my dream of learning how to scuba dive a success and reality. I highly recommend this dive center for anyone that wants supportive and attentive instructors that make the process comfortable.
Great experience, such awesome diving. Special thanks to Nikki who was super cool and made it really enjoyable. Really looking forward to diving here again!
Thank you Michelle and team for this fantastic experience, it was truly unbelievable. Special thanks to Daniël, Aldo and Nikky for your patience and teaching us all the skills needed to qualify for Open Water 1. We enjoyed the fun dive with the seals tremendously and will surely be back in 2020 to do more dives with you, perhaps even join you on a tour to the Red Sea! :-)
I went snorkeling with pro dive today,the entire team was absolutely amazing and professional , my guide was dillon, if I could I would give him a 10star rating in particular for being patient while I got used to the water etc
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.